Tuesday, November 20, 2007

When I was younger, I used to split a Carl's Jr. fried zucchini with my mom and consume lots of diet coke for an after school snack on Fridays. Right after that I went straight to gymnastics and worked out for 4.5 hours. No problemo.

Nowadays I carefully time my pre-workout snacks. I eat something light 2.5 - 3 hours before I head to the gym. Any earlier and I'm hungry. Any later and whatever I eat sits in my stomach making me uncomfortable.

Saddest of all? In my youth that 4.5 hour workout included fancy skills including flips and twists and everything. Now my workout is 1.5 hours and includes cartwheels. Maybe a few handsprings on the tumble track (like a trampoline).

I'm not sure I'm 100% behind this whole "getting older" thing. It beats the alternative, but there is room for improvement.

No comments: