Thursday, November 01, 2007

I am an expert avoider.

For example, today I have:
* watched a TV show that I recorded last night
* gone to lunch with 2 former co-workers
* puchased half-price Halloween candy at Target
* visited a few web sites
* played a couple of computer games
* started this blog post

Today I have NOT:
* looked for a job
* applied for a job
* thought about what kind of job I might like to have
(um, hi unemployment office, please keep sending the checks anyway, thanks)

Why? Because the decision of what to do seems so enormous. Which I realize is silly. If I choose the wrong thing, it's not as if I am stuck in that career for the rest of my life. Getting started is hard. But it must be done. I hereby promise to look at job listings and read another chapter of I Don't Know What I Want But I Know It's Not This. Today. Now.

No comments: