Friday, November 16, 2007

Topic for today: TV shows, part the first

I watch a lot of TV now. Lots. I added quite a few of the new ones to my TiVo line up. What with the strike many won't survive. But as of now anyway...

Bionic Woman - I am not normally into sci-fi, but I love Heroes, so I thought I'd try this out. It is kind of blah for me - not great, not terrible. I'll keep watching it because it's conveniently recorded. But if it disappears, I will be ok with that. 4 out of 10.

Chuck - I like this one! And not just because Chuck attended my alma mater. Though that doesn't hurt... I like the characters (except Morgan who is annoying, not even humorous, just flat out annoying). It's fun. Light. The episode quality has been variable, but I would definitely like this one to stick around a bit. 8 out of 10.

Journeyman - I have liked time travel shows in the past (so maybe I like *some* sci-fi) Voyagers, Quantum Leap, etc. all held my interest. There are some interesting differences from those previous shows - the main character keeps jumping back to his "home" time period and his abilities cause some interesting problems in his family and work life. This is well done for the most part, but not must-see-TV. 6 out of 10.

Aliens in America - It's on the TiVo because Luke (from GG) is on it. And it is still there because I have been too lazy to remove it. It is occasionally funny. The general plot is: American teen and Muslim exchange student are facing a situation or an issue, American teen wants to deal in one way, exchange student wants to deal a different way, American teen does it his way, messes up, apologizes to the exchange student because his way was best all along. I think I just don't like sit coms any more. I used to. In high school. Not so much now. (Although Samantha Who? is good, but I can't watch now because there is a time conflict and I was watching the episodes online and now I refuse to do so while the WGA strike is going on.) 3 out of 10.

Pushing Daisies - I like the stylized look of the show. I like most of the characters. The narration occasionally bugs. Kristin Chenowith singing is great! The pacing, however, is crazy-making. Too slow. I only watch this when I've cleared other shows off the playlist. 5 out of 10.

That is it for this part. More tomorrow.

No comments: