Tuesday, November 06, 2007

This does not bode well. It's day 6 and already I'm casting about for blog topics. So today the topic is... my health. Yeah, scintillating, I know.

I'm on something like week 4 or 5 of my annual winter cold. The thing is, it is cold and flu season and everyone gets sick. Yes, I know. But I get sick and stay that way for months. As in 3 or 4 or even 5. At some point I will get annoyed and go to the doctor and she will tell me that I have a cold.

It isn't a bad cold. If I had a job I'd still be going to it every day. And hey - at least this year I don't have to deal with the well-meaning advice to just stay home for a few days and get totally well and cut this thing short. Because I do stay home and sleep in and all that and I'm. still. sick.

I'd like to ignore the whole thing. I really would. But it seems to come up in every conversation I have. And then I feel obliged to somehow expand on the topic. And I hate myself for that because - what, am I 80 now?

I'd like even more for it to go away. I do vitamins. I do fluids. I do soup. I do over the counter medicines. I'll try pretty much any whacked out cure anyone advises. Anyone?

No comments: