Thursday, November 19, 2009

Okay, the blinds which have been precariously balanced in my bedroom window (I'm fairly certain they are the wrong width for the window - by only half and inch to an inch - so my landlord had jury-rigged a "solution" but they were always wobbly and couldn't be raised or lowered easily, etc.) gave up the ghost tonight. For now I have used thumbtacks and an old fitted sheet to cover the window. This weekend I get to look into alternate solutions.

Calling the landlord to ask him to do it would be a solution. But 1. it isn't really worth bothering him for something so small, 2. I am pretty sure he'd just put the same blinds up but even if he didn't, 3. I don't exactly trust any of his fixes. So far he has approached things with a sort of "least possible effort / money to get the job done, and by done I mean, at best, adequate" mindset. Which I can't exactly blame him for. But if I manage some curtains on my own it will be easy, I can make sure they actually fit the window, they could even keep the room warmer, and when I move out I can put the old jury-rigged blinds back up. Win all around for doing it myself.

No comments: