Saturday, November 21, 2009

I *hate* shopping. It takes forever and even then I rarely even find what I went shopping for. Today I was out and about from 10 a.m. until 6 p.m. Mostly. I was home in the middle for maybe half an hour. And I spent an hour eating lunch and reading and about 30 minutes at the library. So I was shopping for maybe 6 hours. For all that? I ended up with the fabric, thread, etc. necessary to make curtains, curtain rods, and... that's it. In SIX HOURS. Ugh. Granted I spent an inordinate amount of time picking fabric because I didn't have a strong idea of what I wanted going in. I also made short useless forays into Sports Authority (foam rollers much less expensive elsewhere) and Nordstrom Rack (walked out after 5 minutes because I didn't even want to contemplate trying on clothes). That is not 6 hours worth of activity. It just isn't. Where did my whole day go? Plus something about the lights or the air or the shopping experience makes me go brain dead and glassy eyed and tired even when there is no reason whatsoever that I should be tired since it was only 10 in the morning!

No comments: