Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Okay, I take that all back. Got a family in Spain.

Why is it, however, that the weeks leading up to vacation are so stressful? I'm not even talking about packing and locating documents, etc. I'm saying that I will spend an average of 12 hours per day at work until I leave on vacation because I have to get everything ready for other people to take over my work. Granted, I am the only one of our 3 person department who has been working on this product for more than 3 months. And it is a critical part of our development cycle that I will be missing. But I may just find myself working overnight before I leave to get everything done. (No, I won't. But I might be in a situation where I should just to make sure things are squared away. But regardless, I won't. I will do my best but after that, the people left here will have to figure out how to deal.)

3 comments:

wrnglrjan said...

Hooray!

When do you leave? And are you staying 5 weeks? What part of Spain are you headed for?

So exciting. And JFTR, my college roommate went to Spain on a summer program and came back engaged. :) You just never know what these things will bring!

Jan

Stephanie said...

I leave Sunday; nly 4 weeks; and engaged? Maybe in 3 months (no, not really) but in 1? I guess stranger things have happened... Many updates to follow. But probably not until October.

Anonymous said...

Pssst... pictures available at http://spaintrip.photosite.com.