Wednesday, September 26, 2001

Okay, so my rant for the day is about my roommate again. She's taking the LSAT. No problem with that. But she's taking everything so seriously. My take on the LSAT (and I could be wrong) is that it is roughly like the GRE. No specialized knowledge, just your average standardized test. Now I could see stressing over the MCAT or a single subject GRE. But the LSAT?

It's not that she's stressing, it's that she took 2 weeks off of work so that she could study and prepare. She takes practice tests about 3 times a week if not more often. The Friday before her Saturday morning test, we have a half day at work. It's the day of our company anniversary. No one actually works, there are just fun activities. Until about 1 p.m. I asked if she was coming (because seriously, how often does your company hand you money and say "do something fun with it and we'll judge at the end who had the most fun"?). She acted shocked that I would even think of asking - as if I had suggested that she stay out until 3 a.m. the night before.

Okay - how hard is this test? I mean, I took one practice test about a month before I was scheduled for the GRE. I almost forgot about the thing. And I still did fine. I bet roommate #1 took an SAT prep course too. (For the record, I think those are about the biggest waste of money out there - and I used to teach one!)