Thursday, August 30, 2001

I am having the hardest time getting work done. I leave for vacation this Saturday and I keep wanting to do stuff to get ready for that. Like rent a car (gotta remember to get that done today) and make reservations at the youth hostel for the one night when I won't be staying with friends. This is going to be a vacation on a shoestring. My tickets were $202 - for a flight from San Jose, CA to Baltimore, MD. The car rental will be more than that but I'm staying with friends in Baltimore, Raleigh, and Charleston. One night I'll stay in a youth hostel in VA. Excluding food I think I can keep the whole thing under $600 - not bad for a ten day trip. Certainly better than my $3000 (or so) for 11 days trip last summer. Then again, that was Europe and real hotels and Oberammergau, so it was worth it.